Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
It is very cold here, 20 degees below normal with bone chilling wind so I wanted something to warm us up ,we really enjoyed these hope you do too
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- season salt (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 10 ounces tomatoes with habanero peppers (rotel)
- 10 once cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon season salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 -3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 medium bell pepper, cup in strips
- Combine first 6 ingredients and form into balls approx 20 mid size.
- heat a large pot or dutch oven add shortning, when hot brown the meatballs on all sides I did it in two batches.
- remove and drain on paper towels.
- saute the celery and onions until soft. return meatballs to pan.
- add tomatos, soup, cream ,cheese, sour cream, water and seasonings.
- simmer for 45 mnutes.
- add cabbage and bell peppers simmer for 15 mintues or until veggies are to your liking.