Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
My DH loves this. I got this from my mil's church recipe book, submitted by Ann O.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 12 ounces zucchini (thinly sliced, about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, celery, worcestershire, egg, 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt, and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Form into 12 meatballs.
- Place in a greased shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 mintues.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and zucchini with remaining seasonings and simmer 5 mimutes.
- Blend cornstarch and broth.
- Stir into tomato mixture.
- Pour over meatballs& continue baking 10 min.
- Serve over beds of rice.
Very easy and tasty weeknight meal! I thought it had good flavor, although it was a little sweet to me. I will certainly make it again, but will adjust the seasonings to our family's spicier tastes.