Recipe by Cookin Kit
I have been experimenting with many different recipes in search of an easy & delicious meatball. This is my own creation that I accidently created one day when I was out of milk and bread. I substituted Sociable crackers for bread crumbs & sour cream for milk. My husband raved over the final product & it has been a favorite recipe ever since. I sometimes double the recipe and freeze the leftovers for later use. They reheat nicely and can be used in many different ways. Sandwiches & tossed with pasta are our favorites.
Top Review by Kim D.
Deliziosa indeed! After I started mixing up the meatballs, I realized I was out of pasta! So, I made the meatballs into a meatloaf, using the exact ingredients as above. I poured a small can of tomato sauce on top and baked for 1 hour at 350F. I served the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli! The family LOVED it! I will make them as meatballs next time, but they are also good as a meatloaf! Thanks for the great recipe.... it's a definite KEEPER!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup Ritz crackers or 1 cup sociables cracker
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 cloves garlic or 2 teaspoons of christopher ranch chopped garlic, from the jar
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix the above ingredients& form into meatballs.
- Broil on a foil-lined cookie sheet until brown.
- I turn mine 1/2 way through when I see them browning.
- This gives the meatball a firm outside and juicy, delicious inside.
- If serving with red sauce& pasta, add meatballs to sauce& toss in a little sweet basil.