Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Authentic Italian meatball recipes are a labor of love, involving marination of the meat for 3 to 4 days in red wine. This recipes are the closest thing to the original Italian polpette.
- 1⁄2 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- (Add 1/4 cup of red wine to the mixture 3-4 days ahead of the cooking time if you want.).
- The first step is to gently mix all the ingredients, except olive oil, together in a large bowl. Now coat your palms with a thin layer of oil. Divide the mixture into about 16 portions, or lesser, if you desire bigger meatballs.
- Take a single portion of the mixture and lightly roll it between your palms to form a ball. Repeat this with all the portions of the meat mixture.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, in a pot. Once the oil is slightly heated, gently slide in 3 to 4 meatballs at a time. Once they have browned well on one side, carefully turn them over. They are ready once they are brown all over. Take them out and repeat this process with the next batch.
- You may use them instantly, or refrigerate them for later use.