TOPCAT TONY's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Meatballs made from a blend of three meats served in a tangy tomato sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 8 ounces cooked bacon (cut into 1/8-inch dice)
- 4 ounces sweet Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper (stems and seeds removed and cut into 1/8-inch wide strips)
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups canned tomato sauce
- hot cooked rice
- 4 sheets Reynolds Wrap Foil (15-18 inches long)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix gently with your hands to incorporate all ingredients. Form into twelve 2" balls.
- 3Place 3 meatballs on each sheet of foil. Pour 1/2 cup tomato sauce over meatballs on each sheet. Spread some red pepper strips over the sauce on each sheet.
- 4Fold up the sides of the foil and wrap the top and ends to form an enclosed packet. Repeat with remaining 3 sheets of foil.
- 5Place packets on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice sprinkled with monterey jack cheese.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatballs and Sauce over Rice #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1359.7
- Calories from Fat 785
- Total Fat 87.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 384.0 mg
- Sodium 3490.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 88.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Reynolds Wrap Foil