Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Meatballs made from a blend of three meats served in a tangy tomato sauce.
- 2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 8 ounces cooked bacon (cut into 1/8-inch dice)
- 4 ounces sweet Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper (stems and seeds removed and cut into 1/8-inch wide strips)
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups canned tomato sauce
- hot cooked rice
- 4 sheets Reynolds Wrap Foil (15-18 inches long)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix gently with your hands to incorporate all ingredients. Form into twelve 2" balls.
- Place 3 meatballs on each sheet of foil. Pour 1/2 cup tomato sauce over meatballs on each sheet. Spread some red pepper strips over the sauce on each sheet.
- Fold up the sides of the foil and wrap the top and ends to form an enclosed packet. Repeat with remaining 3 sheets of foil.
- Place packets on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice sprinkled with monterey jack cheese.