Recipe by mjerusha
The family meatball recipe. Came from an Italian family friend from two generations back. I haven't had another one that matches this one yet. Posted for safe keeping. (Gluten Free option included).
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 slices white bread or 1⁄2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- parsley (optional)
- garlic (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bread in water slightly.
- Squeeze by hand and crumble up. (If using rice, you can chop it up a little or not do anything. Just make sure its pretty soft.).
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Roll into small-medium sized balls.
- Brown balls in skillet.
- Add to warmed sauce.