Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has been a family favorite for years. Really good when served over egg noodles.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 5 saltine crackers
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef consomme or 1 cup broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Except for the flour and oil mix all of the meatball ingredients.
- Form into balls the size of walnuts; roll in flour; brown in oil.
- Place meatballs in baking dish and set aside.
- To make the gravy, discard all but 2 Tbls of fat.
- Brown flour in remaining fat and gradually add the rest of the gravy ingredients.
- Stir with a whisk to make smooth.
- Pour the gravy over the meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.