Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Balls for pasta or any occasion
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Mix beef with all ingredients well in a large mixing bowl with hands. Shape balls into small inch round balls. Bake on cookie sheet in preheated 350F oven for 12 to 18 minutes until done. Place balls in your favorite sauce simmer for another hour or so.
- This recipe can be varied for oriental flavor or sweet and sour, or Swedish balls with rice, by changing the Italian seasoning and oregano to five spice for oriental, or soy sauce instead of Worcestershire sauce. Add cooked rice about a cup or so for Swedish balls.
- Makes about 40 balls.