Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from my sister Connie. I have always loved these meatballs and I hope you enjoy them as well. Once they are cooked, place them in a crockpot on low/warm and take them to any get together.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- garlic powder (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Mix ground beef, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, catsup, cracker crumbs and eggs.
- Shape into 36 meatballs.
- Place in a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Mix the cranberry sauce, chili sauce and brown sugar.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Of the four adults who tried this recipe, 3 wouldn't make it again. I personally liked it. It was tangy and festive. Something different. I also made the meatballs and sauce separately. The meatballs were excellent, meaty and flavorful. Thanks for posting!
Wonderful recipe. This is like my meatloaf recipe. Who new that it would also make a great meatball. Thanks Margo!
These were delicious. I did make the meatballs and the sauce separately. I baked them in the oven until they were browned (in about 15 minutes). The next day, I combined the sauce and the meatballs and warmed them in the crockpot. They went fast at my party.