Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is really good on a cold winter night.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix together; ground beef, garlic, minced onion, milk, salt, pepper and bread crumbs.
- Make into balls (about the size of a ping-pong ball).
- In skillet brown meatballs in vegtable oil.
- Pour in can of beef broth and simmer 20 minutes.
- Thicken with cornstarch and water.
- Serve over buttered noodles.
Not sure why, but my meatballs wouldn't hold together. Flavour was good.
I thought these were fantastic, and I would use this recipe exclusively from now on! The mixture came together so easily, the texture was perfect, and the taste was great. I ran out of garlic, so I used garlic salt and omitted the extra salt. I also used dried minced onion and sprinkled liberally. I had only Italian seasoned bread crumbs, but those made the flavor amazing, so I'd use them every time. I ran out of beef bouillion granules, so I actually used 2 chicken bouillion cubes and 2 cups water, and it made the perfect amount of gravy. Finally, we had no noodles, so I made 4 servings of mashed potatoes, which was a perfect balance of flavors. I think I would always use chicken broth instead. It almost tasted like a stroganoff or a swedish meatball recipe because of the more delicate flavor of the chicken broth. Very surprising and delicious! Thanks!
This was really easy to make and all of the ingredients were on hand. The meatballs came out tender and with a perfect texture. They were however lacking in flavor. I would double the garlic and maybe add some herbs next time.