Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great meatballs for making ahead and freezing, or making for a crowd. You partially cook them in the oven and finish them in marinara sauce or your favorite spaghetti sauce.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork (I like Italian sausage)
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (optional)
- Place ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Let stand 1/2 hour.
- Shape into medium size meatballs.
- Fry gently in olive oil until lightly browned, or place on foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Gently place in your own hot spaghetti sauce.
- Cook on medium-low for one hour.