Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my mom's recipes. It always makes me smile and think of her. A meatball with a white sauce. I don't know if this is Swedish or not, but it is GOOD!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 medium potato (grated)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- water (as needed)
- flour (as needed)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix and shape into balls (I use a scoop).
- Brown in fat or place on foiled cookie sheet bake for 20 minutes.
- White Sauce: Add mixture of cold water and flour to heated milk.
- Add mushroom soup to white sauce.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.