Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my SIL's recipe. She makes these for many family gatherings.
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 10 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onions, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 20 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons allspice
- 5 teaspoons mustard powder
- 3 3⁄4 cups catsup
- 15 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- Mix meats, eggs, crumbs, onion and salt all together and roll into 1" balls.
- Brown in a little oil.
- Mix sauce ingredients together. Add meat balls.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Lovely dark rich sauce. I used the meatballs in a Sub sandwich and it was delicious- I cut the recipe back to 1 lb made extra sauce. Used half the meatballs, froze the other hal f uncooked, froze extra sauce separate. Delicious Saturday night speciall thanks for posting Lali
Very good! Added to rotation. Thanks for sharing.
These are such a great alternative to marinara!