Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The first thing I ever made by myself "from scratch" is still one of my favorite comfort foods.
- Soften the bread in milk, add the egg and the meat, mix together.
- Form ping pong sized balls and roll in flour.
- Put meatballs in a greased pan; pour soup over top.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with macaroni and cheese.
We love meatballs. Made these up this am for lunch today and for my DS to take in his lunch. I ended up mixing the soup in with the meatballs. So easy to make. I don't care for the meatballs you can buy in the store. Thanks for the great recipe.
These turned out really great when I made them a couple of weeks ago, I substituted beef for ground lamb and served with spaghetti. Tonight I am making these again, using lamb mince again and serving with a peppercorn sauce and veg and garlic bread on the side. I can see me coming back to this again and again. I supposed the BIG change is I completely omitted the onion soup mix, they don't really have it in Scotland but everything was still moist and delicious!
A very tasty recipe. Tried this last night as we had spagetti . Must agree with the other reviwer that the onion soup had a strong flavor in it but was fine. Thanks.