Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Who doesn't love meatballs? I sure do know my frind Chef Jason Tibbrine loves my balls! LOL. ;-)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup capers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- chopped fresh parsley leaves
- grated parmesan cheese
- spaghetti, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Meatballs: Combine all ingredients and mix well using both hands.
- Then shape into golf ball size pieces.
- Place into frying pan.
- Cover each ball with marinara sauce and pour 1 glass of red wine over the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until cooked through.
- Finish with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
- Serve with spaghetti.
I have made these, as written, several times over the past year. I like them better every time I make them. It takes me less than 10 minutes for prep and to form the balls. Stick them in the oven and 45 to 60 minutes later, a delicious meal. They are quick, easy and really good. No greasy or rubbery. Thanks, Jax, for this recipe, it is a real keeper....