Recipe by newspapergal
A very easy & delicious filling, wintry stew, made even easier by using the Crock-Pot. I was hesitant about the mushroom gravy addition, but it makes a great flavorful sauce. Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens cookbook
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cooked meatballs (*I like Italian style, but any will do)
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (*I like Italian-style, with broccoli, red peppers, etc)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mushroom beef gravy
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with italian flavoring or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can garlic, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 (29 ounce) can corn, drained
- chopped mushroom (optional)
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4-quart crock pot, place frozen meatballs and frozen vegetables. In a bowl, stir together tomatoes, gravy, water and seasonings; pour over meatballs & vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low-heat for 6-8 hours or high-heat for 4 hours.
- Add corn and mushrooms, if using (I use jarred OR fresh) about 30 min before serving.
- I usually sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top of each serving.