Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A very easy & delicious filling, wintry stew, made even easier by using the Crock-Pot. I was hesitant about the mushroom gravy addition, but it makes a great flavorful sauce. Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens cookbook
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cooked meatballs (*I like Italian style, but any will do)
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (*I like Italian-style, with broccoli, red peppers, etc)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mushroom beef gravy
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with italian flavoring or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can garlic, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 (29 ounce) can corn, drained
- chopped mushroom (optional)
- parmesan cheese
- In 4-quart crock pot, place frozen meatballs and frozen vegetables. In a bowl, stir together tomatoes, gravy, water and seasonings; pour over meatballs & vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low-heat for 6-8 hours or high-heat for 4 hours.
- Add corn and mushrooms, if using (I use jarred OR fresh) about 30 min before serving.
- I usually sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top of each serving.
This was easy to make, but my family just didn't like it... it tasted like jarred gravy. We won't be making this one again...
Five stars for ease, taste and kid friendliness. We all enjoyed and I like that I could sneak in a few more vegetables on my kids!!Thanks!
i made it with a few changes, ro-tel tomatoes, frozen stew vegetables, beef gravy, DH hates!!! mushrooms and canned hominy instead of corn and it was very easy and very good! oh yeah trader joe's turkey meatballs