1/1 Photo of Meatball Tortellini Stew
Chef #195447's Note:
Great for supper on a chilly day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups beef broth or 4 cups beef stock
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, including juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 cup finely diced carrot
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese-filled tortellini
- 1Combine the beef, spinach (very well drained), bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper.
- 2Shape into 1-inch balls.
- 3Heat oil in Dutch oven; add meatballs.
- 4Brown on all sides, rolling them around.
- 5Remove and reserve.
- 6Add the onion to the pot.
- 7Cook, stirring until soft.
- 8Stir in the broth, tomatoes, with their liquid (break up with spoon), beans, oregano and basil.
- 9Cover, simmer for 10 minutes.
- 10Add carrots and celery, simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 11Add tortellini. and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 12Return meatballs to the stew and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 13Serve steaming hot with Parmesan cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Tortellini Stew
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 810.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 26.4 g