Recipe by Gerald Audette
Something about Tomatoes and Tomatoe sauces gives just about everything a little extra "zing". I make meatballs ahead of time and freeze them into individual servings. One cold day I was wandering how to prepare them. This is what I came up with. Enjoy.
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can campbell's tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green olives
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups precooked meatballs or 3 cups sliced cooked sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up peppers, onions, mushrooms and olives and place in bottom of baking dish (2 inches deep).
- Slice or cube sausage and cut meatballs in half.
- Place all meat over vegetables and mix together.
- Mix together, tomato sauce, tomato soup and dressing and spread evenly over meat and vegetables.
- Bake, covered with tinfoil, in 375 deg. Oven for 1 hour.