Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great on their own as an appetizer or served for dinner with salad and mashed potatoes. Watkins meat magic can be ordered online at www.watkinsonline.com
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (from boiling potatoes, if you're making potatoes too) or 1 1⁄2 cups water (from boiling potatoes, if you're making potatoes too)
- 1 teaspoon watkins meat magic flavor enhancer or 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients except the cheese and mix well.
- Take a piece of meat about the size of a walnut, flatten it, put a cheese cube in the center, and press the meat mixture closed around the cheese, covering the cheese completely and evenly so it won't melt out into the pan.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray, then fry the meatballs over medium heat until they are very well browned on all sides.
- Remove meatballs from pan and make gravy from the drippings.
- Add flour to the drippings in the pan and mix well (you may need to add a little oil if there wasn't enough grease rendered from the meatballs).
- Add milk or water and Meat Magic, and stir well, getting any meat off the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking.
- Cook over medium heat until the gravy thickens and starts to bubble.
- Add more milk or water if needed.
- Return the meatballs to the gravy and serve or serve separately.
We Make this all The Time Now Thanks