Great on their own as an appetizer or served for dinner with salad and mashed potatoes. Watkins meat magic can be ordered online at www.watkinsonline.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients except the cheese and mix well.
- 2Take a piece of meat about the size of a walnut, flatten it, put a cheese cube in the center, and press the meat mixture closed around the cheese, covering the cheese completely and evenly so it won't melt out into the pan.
- 3Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray, then fry the meatballs over medium heat until they are very well browned on all sides.
- 4Remove meatballs from pan and make gravy from the drippings.
- 5Add flour to the drippings in the pan and mix well (you may need to add a little oil if there wasn't enough grease rendered from the meatballs).
- 6Add milk or water and Meat Magic, and stir well, getting any meat off the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking.
- 7Cook over medium heat until the gravy thickens and starts to bubble.
- 8Add more milk or water if needed.
- 9Return the meatballs to the gravy and serve or serve separately.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Surprise (Cheddar Cheese Filled Meatballs in Gravy)
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.5
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 127.1 mg
- Sodium 340.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning