Recipe by Jessica Costello
Those with kids must try this! Very easy, inexpensive treat, ready in no time. Great for family dinners or pot luck.
Top Review by KarenTheMiltch
This was a very hearty casserole. I sauteed onions and green peppers in place of the Italian vegetables. I found it difficult to cut through the toasted bread, so next time, I'm going to cube the bread rather than toast it. I think it will make for easier serving.
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced
- 1 lb frozen Italian vegetables (or mixed veggies, whatever is on hand)
- 1 lb frozen italian meatballs (I love Momma Rosie's)
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Oil 9x13 pan with olive oil (or spray with Pam).
- Cover bottom of pan with bread slices.
- Bake for 10 min, or until browned.
- Top with meatballs and sauce and veggies.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese bake 15 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Let stand 5 min before serving.