One of my kids' favorite meals. The meatballs can be prepared ahead of time and frozen, if desired.
Make and share this Meatball Subs (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- Place first seven ingredients in large bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands just until combined. (I wear food prep gloves.) Shape into approximately 30 1-inch balls.
- Bake in an ungreased oblong pan (13x9x2) in a 400°F oven until light brown, 20-25 minutes. OR: microwave meatballs in an ungreased baking dish, 6 minutes on High, turning once. OR: cook over medium heat in frying pan, turning occasionally, until brown, about 20 minutes.
- Place cooked meatballs and spaghetti sauce in crock pot. Cook on low for about 2 hours. If you cook longer, stir every hour or so.
- Place meatballs and sauce in hot dog buns or sub rolls and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Note, I microwave the meatballs to cook them.
- I've been told you can place the raw meatballs in the sauce and cooks them for 8+ hours on low, but I have never tried this.