1/2 Photos of Meatball Sub Sandwich (or Mini Meatloaves)
OK, our family loves this sub sandwich BUT, you can also make this into mini meatloaves. Very tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- submarine sandwich bun
- 1 1/4 cups bread, from buns (see recipe)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 medium green peppers, diced or julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1Cut a thin slice off top of each roll.
- 2Scoop out bread from inside.
- 3Crumble 1 1/4 cup of bread and place in large bowl.
- 4Cover rolls and set aside.
- 5Add beef, egg, milk, diced onion, salt and pepper to bread.
- 6Shape into meatballs @ 1 1/2" each.
- 7Cook meatballs in 1 tbsp oil for 20-25 minutes or no longer pink.
- 8Remove with slotted spoon.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Add remaining oil.
- 11Saute peppers and onions until tender.
- 13Stir flour in skillet.
- 14Add chili sauce and water.
- 16Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- 17Stir in brown sugar and mustard.
- 18Add meatballs, peppers and onions.
- 19Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 20Warm bread and spoon meatballs into them and replace top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Sub Sandwich (or Mini Meatloaves)
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.5
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 113.7 mg
- Sodium 1291.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 25.2 g