mums the word's Note:
This is a combination of a few recipes already posted here on Food.com. I have made slight changes to the ingredients and the cooking method to suit my family. I am only posting this in response to a forum request. Thank you to the previous posters for their inspiration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 340 g frozen meatballs
- 1 (28 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Combine the cream cheese, mayo and spices and let sit 1-2 hours in fridge.
- 2Slice the loaf of bread in half horizontally and place on a cookie sheet.
- 3Broil about 1-2 minutes until toasted, set aside.
- 4Set the oven to 375F to preheat.
- 5Spread the cream cheese mixture on the toasted bread, cut into 2" cubes and place in bottom of 9x13 pan.
- 6In a non-stick saucepan, heat 1 tsp oil and saute the peppers and mushrooms til tender.
- 7Add the sauce and meatballs and cook until heated through.
- 8Spoon the sauce and meatballs over the bread and top with the shredded cheese and parmesan.
- 9Bake uncovered 10 minutes, just to melt the cheese.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Sub Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.4
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 1411.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: