1/9 Photos of Meatball Sub Casserole
Wonderful take on the Italian Meatball Sandwich. Taken from "Quick Cooking" Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion, to taste
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (not low-fat or lite)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2In a bowl, combine onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- 3Add beef and mix well.
- 4shape into 1-inch balls; place on a rack.
- 5In a shall baking pan, bake for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. (Or cook in a skillet on medium heat.).
- 6Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- 7Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- 8(All of the bread might not be used.).
- 9Combine cream cheese, mayo, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread.
- 10Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- 11Combine sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs.
- 12Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- 13Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Sub Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.7
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.5 mg
- Sodium 944.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: