Recipe by Berylla
My family is a real fan of this dish, the flavor of the creamy cream cheese on the bread with meatballs on it, just reminds you of a meatball sub! It's easy to make and sure to get raves!
- 78.07 ml chopped green onion
- 59.14 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 226.79 g package light cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml light mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 793.78 g jar spaghetti sauce
- 236.59 ml water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine onions, crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish (all of the bread might not be used). Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Combine sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs. Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.