My family is a real fan of this dish, the flavor of the creamy cream cheese on the bread with meatballs on it, just reminds you of a meatball sub! It's easy to make and sure to get raves!
My Private Note
8x8 cas ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1In a bowl, combine onions, crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish (all of the bread might not be used). Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- 3Combine sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs. Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Sub Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.4
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 647.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: