Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 dash adobo seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) jarprepared spaghetti sauce (or about 1 cup homemade)
- 2 loaves French bread (I use the 2 loaf Pepperidge Farms French bread) or 2 loaves other crusty bread (I use the 2 loaf Pepperidge Farms French bread)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Meatballs: Mix uncooked meat, egg, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic, sherry, and steak sauce in a bowl.
- Form into medium-sized balls (should make 16 or so).
- Place on foil lined baking dish, dash over with adobo and cook at 375°F for 40 minutes or until meat is done.
- Heat bread in warm oven till warm and crusty.
- Cut bread lengthwise, top with layer of meatballs.
- Spread spaghetti sauce over meatballs.
- Top with cheese.
- Place back in oven at 325°F until cheese melts.
- Cut each loaf in half.
Salyra, I thought this meatball sub was every bit as good as the ones I get at Subway. My husband loves these.The only thng I did different was to use hamburger instead of ground turkey,and I used a teaspoon of grated parmesan cheese over the sauce.This was delicious!!! Thanks for this great recipe.Darlene Summers
Tasted fantastic! My husband and kid loved it...as did I!! Thanks for the great recipe!