Recipe by Salyra
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Salyra, I thought this meatball sub was every bit as good as the ones I get at Subway. My husband loves these.The only thng I did different was to use hamburger instead of ground turkey,and I used a teaspoon of grated parmesan cheese over the sauce.This was delicious!!! Thanks for this great recipe.Darlene Summers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 dash adobo seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) jarprepared spaghetti sauce (or about 1 cup homemade)
- 2 loaves French bread (I use the 2 loaf Pepperidge Farms French bread) or 2 loaves other crusty bread (I use the 2 loaf Pepperidge Farms French bread)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Meatballs: Mix uncooked meat, egg, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic, sherry, and steak sauce in a bowl.
- Form into medium-sized balls (should make 16 or so).
- Place on foil lined baking dish, dash over with adobo and cook at 375°F for 40 minutes or until meat is done.
- Heat bread in warm oven till warm and crusty.
- Cut bread lengthwise, top with layer of meatballs.
- Spread spaghetti sauce over meatballs.
- Top with cheese.
- Place back in oven at 325°F until cheese melts.
- Cut each loaf in half.