Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this on the web. Want to try. Posting for safe keeping.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 6 meatballs, precooked (about 1-inch in diameter)
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- egg wash (1 egg mixed with 1 Tbsp water)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out thawed loaf to a 10" x 12" rectangle. Place on greased sheet pan.
- Cut meatballs in half.
- Place meatballs cut side down on center third of dough.
- Top meatballs evenly with marinara sauce and cheese.
- With kitchen shears or a sharp knife, make 2-inch long cuts (or until the cut hits the filling) at 1-inch intervals down both of the 12-inch sides.
- Pull and stretch strips diagonally over filling.
- With a pastry brush, lightly brush dough with egg wash until just evenly coated.
- Let the dough rise in a warm area until puffy (30-60 minutes). Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pan to cool on wire rack.