Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this on the web. Want to try. Posting for safe keeping.
Make and share this Meatball Stuffed Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 6 meatballs, precooked (about 1-inch in diameter)
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- egg wash (1 egg mixed with 1 Tbsp water)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out thawed loaf to a 10" x 12" rectangle. Place on greased sheet pan.
- Cut meatballs in half.
- Place meatballs cut side down on center third of dough.
- Top meatballs evenly with marinara sauce and cheese.
- With kitchen shears or a sharp knife, make 2-inch long cuts (or until the cut hits the filling) at 1-inch intervals down both of the 12-inch sides.
- Pull and stretch strips diagonally over filling.
- With a pastry brush, lightly brush dough with egg wash until just evenly coated.
- Let the dough rise in a warm area until puffy (30-60 minutes). Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pan to cool on wire rack.