Found this on the web. Want to try. Posting for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 6 meatballs, precooked (about 1-inch in diameter)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- egg wash (1 egg mixed with 1 Tbsp water)
- 1On a lightly floured surface, roll out thawed loaf to a 10" x 12" rectangle. Place on greased sheet pan.
- 2Cut meatballs in half.
- 3Place meatballs cut side down on center third of dough.
- 4Top meatballs evenly with marinara sauce and cheese.
- 5With kitchen shears or a sharp knife, make 2-inch long cuts (or until the cut hits the filling) at 1-inch intervals down both of the 12-inch sides.
- 6Pull and stretch strips diagonally over filling.
- 7With a pastry brush, lightly brush dough with egg wash until just evenly coated.
- 8Let the dough rise in a warm area until puffy (30-60 minutes). Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and pan to cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Stuffed Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 238.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough