1/1 Photo of Meatball Stroganoff
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A simple to make - great midweek night recipe - and one that can be frozen for even busier weeknights! Adapted from a scrumptious recipe I found in the June 2006 issue of the Australian magazine 'super food ideas'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g ground beef (for Americans) or 700 g beef mince (for Australians)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ground paprika
- 200 g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- cooked fettuccine, to serve
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Roll tablespoons of mince into balls; sprinkle flour onto a plate and season with salt and pepper; roll meatballs in flour to coat, shaking off excess.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, non-stick pan over a medium-high heat and cook the meatballs in batches, turning frequently until browned, then transfer them to a plate.
- 3Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and heat it over a medium heat; add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the onion has softened; add the garlic, paprika and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- 4Combine the tomato paste, mustard, wine and stock in a jug and then stir it into the mushroom mixture; return the meatballs to the pan and simmer the contents of the pan, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- 5Stir in the sour cream and parsley; season with salt and pepper; and spoon the meatball strogonoff over the pasta.
- 6Serve with warm crispy rolls and a salad.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.9
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 141.4 mg
- Sodium 345.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 36.4 g