Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 hrs
I found this recipe in one of the mini cookbook magazines at the grocery store checkout line. I always double it so I can freeze some for later. I also like to add fresh tortellini at the end to make it a little more filling. It is really good with fresh parmesan sprinkled on top.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen italian style meatballs
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes (14.5 oz each)
- 1 medium potato, chopped (approx 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (approx 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb mixed italian style frozen mixed vegetables
- Add frozen meatballs, broth, tomatoes, potato, onion and garlic pepper to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 9-11 hours or until vegetables tender.
- Stir in frozen vegetables & garlic (and tortellini if you are using it). Let cook on high setting for additional 45-60 minutes.
I LOVE this recipe. It is easy to make and the flavor is excellent. It is loaded with good stuff and despite that, my family loves it, too. Best part is, I can toss everything in the crock pot, get the breadmaker going and go play with the kids while dinner takes care of itself.
Really easy to make. I cooked on low heat for 6 hours before adding the frozen veggies. Came out great. Good comfort food for a chilly evening.