Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recip
- 1 recipe of basic meatballs (prepared from another recipe)
- 4 medium carrots, scraped and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces with strings removed
- 3 medium potatoes, pared and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Prepare basic meatballs except -- cook in a Dutch oven.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat to boiling.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.
- NOTE: You can substitute 1 24-oz package of frozen stew vegetables for stew for the carrots, celery and potatoes.
I made this recipe as part of the "Adoptee Support Group #2", but I'm extremely late in my review! I'm sorry Dreamgoddess for being so late, but here are my comments concerning your adopted recipe: I used a batch of my homemade meatballs that I had frozen. I thawed them in the fridge for about 8 hours before starting dinner. This is a good basic recipe that you can really adjust to your tastes. Here are the changes I made: I used 1 1/2 cups of baby carrots, 2 medium potatoes and about 1/4 cup finely chopped celery. I also added 1/4 cup chopped white onion and 1 teaspoon thyme. My family loved it and I will definitely make it again.