Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is out of Family Circle Magazine.
Make and share this Meatball Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon low sodium beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 3 large parsnips, cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Stir together egg, beef, onion, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon of parsley, the Parmesan and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Form into 1 inch meatballs (about 20) and set aside.
- Stir together 1/4 ketchup, 1/4 cup broth and the vinegar. Place carrots, parsnips and onion in slow cooker and put meatballs on top. Drizzle with ketchup mixture. Cook on High for 3 1/2 hours and low for 5 hours.
- Stir together remaining parsley, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, 1/4 ketchup, 1 tablespoon broth and cornstarch. Gently stir into slow cooker. Cool until thick, 5 minutes.