Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good, hearty -- and easy -- meal for the cooler weather ahead. Smells divine! Recipe from BH&G.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canundrained diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 ounces frozen fully-cooked meatballs (about 32 balls)
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. That's all.