Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great served in bowls over the garlic toast.
Make and share this Meatball Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 egg
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 -4 peeled potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 -4 peeled carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- garlic toast, sliced (optional)
- Combine beef, crumbs, basil, egg and garlic.
- Shape into 20 balls.
- Brown in deep skillet over medium low heat.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in soup, water and vegetables.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered 30 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add a little more water if necessary.
This was a great, quick stew. Very easy to put together. I did add some potato flakes at the end to make it a little thicker. Will definitely make this again. I did wonder that no salt was called for, but with the French Onion soup, the and the seasoning in the meat balls, the balance was just right. Will definitely make this again!