- 1 lb lean beef, ground
- 1⁄4 cup farina or 1⁄4 cup cream of wheat
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1 can water
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, farina, minced onion, parsley, Parmesan cheese, egg and tomato paste.
- Form into 12 meatballs. (Easier if you wet your hands before forming balls.)
- Bring beef broth and water to a boil, add meatballs, celery, carrot and sliced onion.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.