Recipe by Tonkcats
A quick and hearty soup. I use frozen meatballs and cook 3-5 per person in the soup.
Top Review by Sally Wolfe
My husband and I simply loved this soup. I added half a medium onion to mine, and put in four cloves of garlic instead of two. We sprinkled shredded mozzarella cheese on ours before enjoying.
- 2 quarts water
- 20 -25 small meatballs
- 2 cans tomato sauce (8 ounces each)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper, ground
- 2 -3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 -3 carrots, sliced
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- to taste parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add meatballs, tomato sauce, bouillon, oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper to taste, celery, carrots, and garlic, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add macaroni and cook until pasta is done. Top with Parmesan cheese to serve.