Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
A quick and hearty soup. I use frozen meatballs and cook 3-5 per person in the soup.
Make and share this Meatball Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 quarts water
- 20 -25 small meatballs
- 2 cans tomato sauce (8 ounces each)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper, ground
- 2 -3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 -3 carrots, sliced
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- to taste parmesan cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add meatballs, tomato sauce, bouillon, oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper to taste, celery, carrots, and garlic, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add macaroni and cook until pasta is done. Top with Parmesan cheese to serve.
My husband and I simply loved this soup. I added half a medium onion to mine, and put in four cloves of garlic instead of two. We sprinkled shredded mozzarella cheese on ours before enjoying.
This was a wonderful soup. Using frozen meatballs really makes this so easy. I souped it up just a little. I used 1 t. oregano, basil and thyme. I also used 4 minced garlic cloves and sprinkled fresh grated Parmesan on top. I served with Italian bread and salad. Thanks tonkcats.
Easy to make! Good flavor, yet not as powerful as I would prefer. But very good. Thanks!