Nice comfort food. Make the meatball small for the little ones and watch them disappear!
Make and share this Meatball Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme (or 2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, cubed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, half of the thyme and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls. In a soup pot, brown meatballs; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion, carrots and mushrooms in oil until onion is tender. Stir in the potatoes, broth, tomatoes, meatballs and remaining thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.