Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This soup is something simple to warm up your family for dinner. You can use Shadybrook Farms or Purdue turkey meatballs to speed up the recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gumbo file
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 15 fresh baby carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup chopped cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Combine turkey, finely chopped garlic, 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, paprika, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Shape into 36 meatballs.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick spray, brown meatballs in batches in 2 tsp oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the celery, onion, garlic, and carrots in the remaining oil until tender.
- Stir in kidney beans, tomatoes, broth, cabbage, green beans, and remaining seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 - 20 minutes or until green beans are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.