Recipe by Luvs 2 Cook
This soup is something simple to warm up your family for dinner. You can use Shadybrook Farms or Purdue turkey meatballs to speed up the recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gumbo file
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 15 fresh baby carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup chopped cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine turkey, finely chopped garlic, 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, paprika, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Shape into 36 meatballs.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick spray, brown meatballs in batches in 2 tsp oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the celery, onion, garlic, and carrots in the remaining oil until tender.
- Stir in kidney beans, tomatoes, broth, cabbage, green beans, and remaining seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 - 20 minutes or until green beans are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.