Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in the newest Better Homes and Gardens. Delicious, hearty soup.
- 1 beaten egg white
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup small bow tie pasta
- 3 cups fresh spinach (2 cups if frozen)
- Combine egg white, crumbs, onion, garlic powder, pepper and ground beef. Shape into 36 small (3/4 inch) meatballs.
- Cook meatballs in large skillet (about 8 minutes). They should be cooked through and no longer pink in center.
- In large saucepan combine beef broth, undrained tomatoes, garbanzo beans, mushrooms and water. Bring to boil.
- Add pasta. Return to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered 10-12 minutes. Pasta should be tender.
- Gently stir in meatballs and spinach 1-2 minutes. Spinach should be just wilting slightly.
- Serve with crusty garlic bread (or any bread of your choice) and enjoy!