A yummy change from beef stew on a cold winter's night. Serve with warm bread or bread sticks.
Make and share this Meatball Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese or 2 teaspoons romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon crushed Italian spices
- 1⁄4 cup tiny bow tie pasta
- 3 cups fresh spinach, torn
- Combine egg, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, onion, garlic salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Form about 36 meat balls.
- Cook meatballs in a large skillet over med heat until no longer pink, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- Drain fat from skillet or remove meat from skillet and set aside.
- Combine beans, beef broth, tomatoes, water, mushrooms and Italian seasonings in a large sauce pan.
- Bring to boil.
- Add pasta bows and then return to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in spinach and meatballs.
- Cook for 1 or 2 minutes more or just until spinach is wilted.