1/1 Photo of Meatball Soup
Karen From Colorado's Note:
A yummy change from beef stew on a cold winter's night. Serve with warm bread or bread sticks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese or 2 teaspoons romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon crushed Italian spices
- 1/4 cup tiny bow tie pasta
- 3 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1Combine egg, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, onion, garlic salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 2Add ground beef and mix well.
- 3Form about 36 meat balls.
- 4Cook meatballs in a large skillet over med heat until no longer pink, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- 5Drain fat from skillet or remove meat from skillet and set aside.
- 6Combine beans, beef broth, tomatoes, water, mushrooms and Italian seasonings in a large sauce pan.
- 7Bring to boil.
- 8Add pasta bows and then return to boil.
- 9Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 10Stir in spinach and meatballs.
- 11Cook for 1 or 2 minutes more or just until spinach is wilted.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Soup
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 1025.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 21.7 g