Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Cooking Light. It is so good! 2 sliders per serving.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs, toasted (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces ground lean pork
- turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce
- 12 slider buns, toasted
- 12 basil leaves
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat; swirl to coat. Add garlic and shallots to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until shallots are softened, stirring frequently. Combine shallot mixture, ricotta, and next 8 ingredients (through egg) in a medium bowl. Shape mixture into 12 (1-inch) meatballs; flatten each meatball slightly.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add meatballs to pan; cook 6 minutes, turning once. Add marinara sauce; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until meatballs are done. Top bottom half of each bun with 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce, 1 meatball, 1 basil leaf, and top half of bun.