Recipe by KittyKitty
These are quick and easy to make. The ingredient list is long, but cooking time is not.
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 small green onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar five-cheese spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 (32 ounce) packagefrozen cooked italian-style meatballs
- 6 slices garlic butter Texas toast thick bread
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded lettuce (optional) or chopped bell peppers (optional) or black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, 3 minutes.
- Stir in sauce, basil and frozen meatballs, cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
- Prepare Texas toast according to package instructions.
- Spoon meatball mixture over toast; top with cheeses and toppings, if desired.