Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the January issue of Southern Living -- yummy!
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar five-cheese spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 (32 ounce) packagefrozen cooked italian style meatballs (I used regular)
- 6 slices garlic butter Texas toast thick bread
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese (1 cup)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
- chopped bell pepper (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- Saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes.
- Stir in sauce, basil and frozen meatballs; cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
- While meatballs cook, prepare Texas toast according to package directions.
- Spoon meatball mixture evenly over toast; top evenly with cheeses and desired toppings.
this was a wonderful meal for us....will make these often..
This was so very delicious!! My DH ate til he was so stuffed. It was really easy to come together.I fellowed the recipe as directed but did let it simmer in skillet about a hour. We love the flavor of the sauce and I was told that I had to make this up at the lake this year so everyone can have a sample. You have a great recipe here Pines! THanks for sharing it.