- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar five-cheese spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 (32 ounce) packagefrozen cooked italian style meatballs (I used regular)
- 6 slices garlic butter Texas toast thick bread
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese (1 cup)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
- chopped bell pepper (optional)
- black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes.
- Stir in sauce, basil and frozen meatballs; cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
- While meatballs cook, prepare Texas toast according to package directions.
- Spoon meatball mixture evenly over toast; top evenly with cheeses and desired toppings.