1/2 Photos of Meatball Sandwich Casserole
Sooz Cooks's Note:
This is a very easy casserole that everyone loves! My grandson Skyler will not stop eating this and the twins love it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices garlic bread (the Texas Style frozen garlic bread, with or without cheese)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 18 ounces frozen meatballs (about 36 meatballs)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices (rub between the palms of your hands to release flavor)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese, to garnish (Grated or Shredded) (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13X9X2 baking dish.
- 2Bake about 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- 3Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or frying pan and add meatballs. Sauté for about 5 minutes stirring well. Add spaghetti sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and water.
- 4Pour sauce/meatball mix over bread.
- 5Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until hot in center. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 6Serve with Grated or Shredded Parmesan Cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Sandwich Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 909.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: