Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
- baquette French bread
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (1 lb) packagefrozen cooked italian-style meatballs (32) or 1 (1 lb) packageregular meatballs, thawed (32)
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen peppers and onions, stir-fry thawed, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
- Heat oven to 350. Brush 1 side of each bread slice with oil.
- In ungreased 9-1/2 inch deep dish pie plate, line bottom and side with bread, oil side up and slightly overlapping slices.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently mix meatballs, bell pepper and onion stir-fry, and pasta sauce to coat.
- Spoon meatball mixture into crust, bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated in center. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.