Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hearty soup would be good with crusty bread on the side.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen stew vegetables
- Mix ground beef, onions, salt and pepper. Form into walnut-size balls.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown meatballs. Drain off fat.
- In a large pot put meatballs, soup, broth, tomatoes, herbs and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add water as needed for desired consistency.
- Remove bay leaf and serve hot ragout.