Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
You can make your own meatballs or cheat,like me,and buy frozen ones.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 5 -6 slices cheese, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- Combine beef,2 tablespoons of tomato sauce,egg,bread crumbs and salt.
- Shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- In a skillet,brown meatballs and drain fat.
- Stir in the rest of the tomato sauce,veggies,thyme and pepper -- simmer for 5 minutes.
- Press potatoes over the bottom of a 10x6 inch pan sprayed with PAM.
- Drizzle with oil and place under broiler until lightly browned.
- Spoon meatball mixture over crust and arrange cheese strips in lattice pattern on top.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.