WOW!!! What a satisfying soup. It is so thick it is almost a stew. Just add crusty bread for a great meal on a cold winter night.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced garlic, see note
- 1⁄4 cup barley
- 1⁄4 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 deg.
- Shape ground beef into 1" balls.
- and bake until just done.
- In a dutch oven combine soup, milk, water and onion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic, barley, macaroni and rice.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 15 minute Stir in carrot, cover and simmer for 5- 10 minute Add meatballs and mushrooms to soup.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Cook a few minutes more until macaroni and rice are done.
- Serve with crusty bread!
- Note: I used diced garlic from a jar.
- Either way is OK.